A NEW VOLUNTEER TRAINING has been scheduled for Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 6 pm. It will be in the Peace Center at Orange Correctional Center. This will be for both new on-site and new off-site volunteers. Seating is limited, so please be discerning about whether you want to reserve one of the chairs (and become an active volunteer at OCC).
To be considered you must be at least:
1) 21 with a valid, government-issued, picture id.
2) a year off correctional supervision
3) you cannot be a family member of any resident at OCC or on a resident’s visitation list.
On the applications, you will need to provide NCDPS with your driver’s license and social security number (for background check purposes). You will also need to provide character references.
If you wish to be trained, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and save yourself a spot. Those who respond quickly will be given priority.
On 3/9/2017, the training schedule will look as follows:
- 5:45Registration (sign in and begin application paperwork)
- 6-7pmrequired training for ALL new volunteers. On-site will be dismissed around 7pm (yokefellows, tutors, worship/study leaders)
- 7-9:30pmrequired training for new off-site (sponsors) CONTINUES
after training, off-site volunteers will need to attend three on-site activities before becoming sponsors.